Tuesday, November 6, 2007

It's been so long. i sorry!

For a few weeks, I forgot about my commitment to write in this blog. I Sorry!
anyway, i've been busy with work (for about 10% of the time) and i've been going back to this website: http://www.onesentence.org/
the one that made me realize how life is really fucked up is this one:
"The idea of letting your children choose their own path in life is thrown out the window when your three-year-old declares they are going to be either a doctor or a Walmart cashier when they grow up."
Where has this world gone to? I remember when I said I wanted to be a teacher, a doctor, a police officer, hell, one of my friends mentioned she wanted to be a bus driver. I don't know why it bothers me so, but a walmart cashier? oh man.
I've been thinking about the idea of having children, if you'd asked me about 2 years ago, I would've probably said I wanted to have 4-5 children. But now, after all that high school crap and finally hearing reality out in its full-blown force, my answers will vary from: "kids? why the hell would anyone want any of those?" to "well, maybe one or two, so I can teach them the true path of life early on and leave my own legacy for the world >=D"
So, now I'm in college, am I really on the right path to success? Do I really have to be in debt up over my head in order to find a way to make my life work out until the day I die? What if I plan to take a different path? Is it just me or does every college student go through this phase? I don't even know if it's a phase anymore, i've been questioning it for such a long time now. What i'm afraid of doing is that i'll be going into the wrong thing and I won't be able to dig myself out of it and I won't be able to fix it and i'll be miserable.
Should I just let things work itself out? I have a hard time pinning down what I want to do in less than 4 years. It's scary to think that in that time, i'll be out in the world alone, reminiscing on schooling. Since that is the only thing i've known for the past 13 years.

No comments: