Monday, February 4, 2008

American Gangster

So I watched the movie today, thanks to my college film showings, etc. That thing is great. They show movies Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. I usually catch the movies Sunday nights. Anyway, I went to see American Gangster. Let me tell you right off the bat, I liked the ending. There's nothing much to it, but it's one of the strongest scenes in the film. The film is based on a true story of a gangster, and unlike any other gangsters, this is a family of black gangsters instead of your typical Italian or Russian mafias. I like those too, but this diversity made me crack up a little, simply because you don't see too many of them. Anyway, before I make myself sound any racist, overall, it was a good movie. It had a good theme (hurrah for gangster movies!), although the beginning was incredibly slow moving. That's one of the things I didn't like. It was very realistic, so there was none of this "love is in the air" and "my life is a complete tragedy, let's slow everything down" kind of crap. I recommend it, and give it...let's see, the star system is over used a lot, so let's go foreign to make me sound cooler :P i'll go with puffmais, german for popcorn. It also kind of sounds like spanish. So, I give this....3.5 out of 5 puffmaise's.

No comments: