Monday, October 15, 2007

Google

So I was wondering about the time that i've heard about companies using sweatshops in order to manufacture their over priced merchandise, and I came across this: burning Apple G4.
It kind of makes me glad I got my cheap Gateway. Not only will this computer keep me warm in the winter, but it was also not hard on the pocket, and it won't spontaneously give me a campfire. Hurray!
As someone once said: "Ipod [red], made by little chinese kids to benefit little african kids." Then three months later they come out with iPods that have double the memory of the formerly expensive iPod. I was angry when I found out Apple came out with a new iPod three weeks after i had gotten mine. Oh my iPod didn't directly benefit the Apple company, so that's one less thing that I have to worry about.
Companies these days seem to have their own empires. We're all just the little A.D.D puppets that are being played by these companies; they tell us what's popular, what we need, and what will make us more socially acceptable. Buy, buy BUY. Now I feel guilty of going shopping this weekend. I guess the companies got me on that one, they have huge sales so I can go out and advertise them without me consciously knowing. Consumerism is indeed part of the game of life.
Which puts to question: are you really rich when you have a lot of money? Can it all go to hell once you know that you are set for life?
I personally don't like to get involved with big name organizations, just because if i tell someone that i belong to that group, they automatically assume something of me. Early assumptions are something that I absolutely despise. I hate it. Therefore I don't really talk about what I believe to people that I don't know. It'll be hard to explain the real me. Only the people that know me really well know that the reality behind this is probably because I have OCD. or ADD. i don't know, i still have to decide. I guess it's because I don't want to fit anywhere. I like it when we were still back in elementary school, and no one really socialized outside their classroom. And everyone got valentines on the 14th.

No comments: