Saturday, October 13, 2007

I have nothing better to do.

Finally, some time to chill. I'm actually pretty tired, and I don't know why. I spent most of my day sleeping or shopping.
'Twas a good time at the mall. They had a gigantic sale at Old Navy. Before coming to college, I had never even worn anything Old Navy let alone buy something there.
The deals were all over the place. I hit my favorite place, Hot Topic (haha. That place is way over priced, but I decided to drop in as I always do every time I go to the Mall). I actually got some shirts for $5. One of the workers there told me so. I think he might've been flirting with me. It makes me wonder if he would've done it more had I not been on the phone most of the time I was there. I had the urge to say "Yaaarrr!" since he was wearing a pirate shirt. I would've thought he was some random guy wandering around had he not been a worker there. He definitely didn't have the typical Hot Topic attire. Maybe i'll go visit next weekend.
I probably would've gotten more stuff if I wasn't so A.D.D. What I don't like about that Hot Topic is that they don't have any posters. At ALL. aren't they all about the music? Right, like i'm ever buying one of their over priced CDs. I'd rather bum them off someone. Or get the promo ones. Those are fun.
I've noticed that it's the record companies that get mad when people bum music off each other. I think the actual bands/singers could care less, so long as their music is still being spread. The real money comes from merchandise. Say no to pirated merch. But I still don't get the RIAA. Don't they get enough money already? It's not like they can't afford to not buy their expensive coffee and crappy over priced food anyway.
Hmm. It seems to be getting damn cold. I wish they'd turn the heat on soon. It doesn't help much when the temperatures are pretty close to freezing point. Thanks to prior training, I can go out in this weather in just a hoodie. But pretty soon i'll have to bring out the winter jacket. I wonder what there's to do in mild winters. I heard sledding down the hill is pretty fun. I remember I once made a snowman with a friend. He also had a snowdog to keep him company. I think he melted a few hours later.
Is it good to be sucked in by the air of consumerism? Is it good to have a ton of stuff lying around just so it makes an environment? How do you show your personality in a non-material way? That's been on my mind for some time. Maybe i'll think some more about it later. But right now I am still out of it.
No links this time. Take that blogger.

No comments: