Tuesday, March 25, 2008

7 hours is way too much time to sleep through

I find myself looking forward to the readings that we're given in Theater class. It finally hit me that filling my time with educational pastimes such as doing my homework or catching up about how thousands of people will lose their jobs in the upcoming months due to the US's shotty economy, makes time pass quicker. Lately for theater class, we've been assigned to do readings from Nineteenth-Century Drama through the Turn of the Twentieth Century. This stuff is amazing! So far i've managed to get through Henrik Ibsen's A Doll House and Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest. Both are magnificent! Don't fool me with this crap about how much you love Shakespeare; everyone knows his plays are not only broke through in Elizabethan theater, but they also serve as sleeping pills.
To be honest, I was dreading taking theater, but I found a new appreciation for this often downgraded subject. Don't get me wrong, I like watching plays, I just don't want to be on stage.
College does a lot of stuff to you...

PS- the italic lettering was totally an accident. It looks pretty in draft.

No comments: