Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Finally! A chance to sit down...

Spring break came and went; it was mostly chilly when I was in Boston. But I can't really complain, i'm not really able to visit any other time of the year if I don't want to spend a lot on a place to stay. My friend T-dawg was nice enough to let me stay at Boston University with her roommate. It was free, so that was sweet. I headed out on Friday, but it turns out it was a very bad idea. I got a ride from someone I met through Craigslist, (before you freak out and say EWW!!! why did you do that?!?! I really had no other options because I suck at maintaining a proper budget. So, I went for the next best thing which was a FREE ride to NYC.) I got a free dinner and my bus ticket was paid so that I could go to Boston...so it wasn't as bad as you may think. Now, Friday was a bad day to head out because it was snowing terribly. It took about 6-7hours to get to NYC rather than the usual 4 hours. We stopped at a chinese buffet, by other than that, the ride was pretty uneventful. There was a car that turned over that we passed when we were on the road for an hour. I can't tell you how many cop cars we passed. We got to NYC at about 11:30pm, right after the last chinese bus left for Boston. Greyhound shut down their buses because of the snow storm, and the nest bus wasn't leaving until 7:00am the next morning. So I slept over at my ride's place, which was a small room in a basement in a house in NYC. I slept soundly although I usually don't sleep so much when i'm in a bed that's not my own.
So I woke up the next day around 7:30am...I was supposed to take the 6am chinatown bus, but the person who I was staying with didn't want to wake me up because I was snoring. haha. Well, we were off by 7:45am and we went to go see when the bus left and he went to go buy a ticket for me--- which totally caught me off guard. We went to go get diner in little Italy, and it turns out we went to an expensive place...it was called Ferrara. I got a pannoli and some orange juice...really good, but too sweet for a morning treat. My ride ordered a cake and an espresso. He ended up giving me the whole cake, which was delicious. Everything was great, and by 9:30 am I was on my way to Boston! That same night I made some decisions...and I don't regret them because I had tons of fun calling everyone :). Although I don't remember half the things that happened. But it was all in good fun. The next morning we went for breakfast..or rather brunch at a really yummy place. T-Dawg ate most of my muffin. =[ On monday I did the freedom trail, but most of the places I wanted to see, like Paul Revere's house and the Old North Church were closed. incredibly lame, the weather was fantastic though. On Tuesday I went to MIT and Harvard, i spent way more time than I should've at Harvard, and I thought it was a smart idea to walk to MIT from Harvard, but what I didn't count on was that it was going to rain on me halfway, so it was kind of pointless to take the T to MIT. Although the highlight of my day was that I ate at an Indian buffet...it was so good! It was like being at my indian friend's house again. haha.
Wednesday was uneventful because it was cold and i just decided to sleep instead of go out. So I stayed an extra day and went to the Sam Adams brewery on Thursday. Everyone should go there if you're ever in Boston. It was over in Jamaica Plains...SCARY! i know...right?
Well, I left on Friday :( I got to wander around NYC for a little bit before my bus to Williamsport left. it snowed AGAIN on friday, and I had a fun time walking from the bus station to my dorm. I slipped once, but it didn't matter, Williamsport is a ghost town without all the students...it's kind of sad, really.
Well, anyway, i've been wondering whether I should stay at Lycoming or transfer somewhere close to home? I already decided that Astronomy isn't the subject for me...otherwise things would be different now. I decided on Political Science which is something I am more passionate about. It's sad i'm dropping astro, but I might pick it as a minor. Which reminds me...I need to declare next year. I have until the end of sophomore year to do it, but I want to declare now. Then I have time to plan for the future. Sweet.
Well, i'll probably continue on my thoughts later on...right now i'm in such a great mood, i don't think anything can bring me down :).
cheers!

No comments: