Saturday, December 1, 2007

it's december

I am ready for a break. It's been a long first semester. I've been registering in my mind all that goes on because I have nothing better to do :)
Things have been full of spontaneity recently. Is it a good thing or a bad thing? it's certainly nerve-wrecking sometimes. I planned out a trip out to the Midwest, and I can't tell you how many times i just wanted to give up and not even bother going...i wanted to let those $130 go to waste and not even bother with getting out there.
But in the end, there are people that are willing to lend out a helping hand to anyone. Thanks to that, I was able to have one of the best thanksgivings yet, and one of he most bittersweet as well.
Bittesweet, why? I felt like returning to my old school brought back memories of how i hadn't really properly said goodbye to the place. I mean, I was there for 4 years. I only really felt bitter and sad the day before I graduated. I don't think I'd cried harder anytime before that, but it's hard to make friends a few months before graduating, and then leaving them behind for what you think is the next step in your life. I went back and saw a few of them, not the whole group of people that "rebelled" towards the end of the year. I know now that I have stronger bonds and that I have people that will back me up no matter what, although we might have different views and have different backgrounds.
Well, enough with my friends, the holiday season is finally here! I remember how last year I was so...not very happy about it, but this year I am actually uber excited about it. It's weird, my old school was a non-denominational campus so we couldn't really post banners all over the place wishing everyone a merry chrsitmas or whatever they celebrated, but this year, my college is affiliated with the Methodist church, so we can actually now have "Christmas trees" and "wreaths"! I found it weird that most of the "Christmas" cards now have "happy holidays" or "have a merry season filled with joys and peace". It was hard to find a batch of the Christmas cards at Family Dollar. So whatever you believe in, happy Hanukkah! just kidding, happy holidays. keep the faith.

No comments: