Sunday, November 23, 2008

1984

One of my favorite books is 1984. I first started reading it when I was in 7th grade, my teacher had assigned it to the reading group that I was in. We read Part I, I believe, and then I read the rest of the book during reading time in 8th grade. I was fascinated by it, how someone can rebel and be brought down by the society that overrules them.
Here's my beef-- the college I'm at has decided to install key card scanners on pretty much ALL doors on campus. You need your ID to get into the library, the academic center, the chapel, the bio/chem building, and on top of that you need your keycard to get food and go inside the Rec Center. The student body got an email a few days ago stating that the ID scanners were installed to heighten security, but my concern is: what instances have presented themselves and have threatened the security of the proximal environment. Who honestly wants to break in to a chapel passed the hours that it's supposed to be open?
It's getting a little annoying to have to beep in everywhere I go to. It's turned back to my high school years where you couldn't do anything without having your ID card.
Well, at least Lycoming maintains establishes a good base with its Alumna. Oh! Burn!
i'll leave with a positive note.


- (I realize i've been signing my 'name' wrong. so it's actually.
-I.
better.

No comments: