Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Music Rant

Bare with me for a lil' bit...
so i've been looking around for some new music to add to my collection. 
Now, for those of you who know me well enough, know that i CANNOT stand Screamo. Or any type of screaming metal type shit.
here we go:
Finntroll- if screaming metal doesn't scare you enough, they screaming metal in Finnish sure as hell will.
Lamb of God- After listening to them after TDWP (you'll see who they are)- They are a step up from screamo, but not by much. Why scream lyrics? Doesn't it hurt your vocal chords?
The Devil Wears Prada- Really? Did you have to scream so loudly and in such a whiny tone? I really don't understand. I got to 1:46 of one of their music videos and it sounds like the screech a train makes when it hits the brakes. With guitars and drums. 
Now, for the less annoying ones:
Saosin- Not bad, a little too whiny, but at least it's not screamo. I might give them a chance in the future.
Kill Hannah- Kill Hannah...is just an AFI wannabe band. I like the name, yes, but there will only be ONE DAVEY. Got it? he's god. No cheap imitations, kthnxbai.

New finds that I like:
3Oh!3- hahaha....too funny. A bunch of white boys rapping, but it's actually pretty catchy and something I expect to hear out in Detroit, Atlanta, Houston, LA, NYC, the usual. 
InnerPartySystem- eh, i just like them. They're good to listen to when you're chillin and prepping for a rave or something.

That is all.

-M

No comments: