Wednesday, September 17, 2008

4 days.

I am freaking out like no other right now. My tickets for the MSI concert were shipped to my house....actually, let's start at the very beginning.
So a few weeks ago a couple of friends decided it would be KICK ASS to go to the MSI concert. so YAY! But to which show? The one in Rochester, NY of course!
[Friday September 5th]So i'm the only one with a debit card, so i volunteer to use mine to pay for the tickets. Little did I know that's how hell would start to unravel.
[Saturday September 6th] The next day after I bought the tickets, I received an automated phone call from ticketmaster telling me that my billing address wasn't confirmed from the bank. So lo and behold, I had to call them again.
Scene 2:
I call ticketmaster that night and talk to my local retailer in Houston since they don't have one in williamsport for some odd reason. So I call and I give them the right billing address, but here's the catch: they won't be able to send it to me in Williamsport where I AM LOCATED because they are stupid. So I tell them to e-mail me the tickets, and they promise they'll be in my inbox in 5-20 minutes. I wait, wait, wait and wait...nothing. So I call again, go through the whole process and they tell me the same thing. Again, same waiting time, and there's nothing in my inbox.

-Scene change-
I call again on monday, since the website told me to wait at least 48 hours for the tickets to be sent to me. I cal again and they finally tell me that the tickets cannot indeed be sent to my email because the venue doesn't allow it. So my only option now is to ship them via UPS (14.50$ to do so) to my house. Standard mail could ship up to 24-48hrs before the performance, time we don't have to be waiting around for them.

Scene 3:
so the tickets were supposed to get to my house September 12, but thanks to Hurricane Ike (gee, thanks! just what I needed...), delivery was delayed until September effing 15th. Now, here's the crescendo I need for this situation:
I last spoke to my mother on Friday right before the Hurricane was supposed to hit. She said she wasn't going anywhere and said where we lived wasn't in grave danger. I tried calling again on Sunday to figure out if she was still there, and guess what? No answer. I figured, the power is still out, there were some strong winds and I'd read some articles about how 1.2 million people didn't have power. I called again yesterday, but my friend who lives near me in Houston said there was no power anywhere. So I try again today, and no answer. This time I text my friend and she informs me that although there's still no power, the phone lines ARE working. Now, later on in the day, late afternoon-ish, she texts me again and tells me that power is up an running. So I call my mom again since I think YES! There should be no problem to connect my call to the house. Guess what? NO ONE ANSWERED. I am worried about where she is and why she hasn't called ME at all. On Monday when the package was delivered by UPS to my house, the signature was signed "VESINA" although not spelled correctly, it means "neighbor" in spanish. Which makes me think that it was signed by the bitchyass neighbor of ours and my mom hasn't been home since at least Monday or maybe even before. WTF mom, WTF.

So now I don't know what to do. I've called a couple of cousins, one of them says she hasn't talked to her, and the other one's phone gives me the busy signal. Probably because she didn't pay her bill. So now i'm going to ask my friend to see if my mom is even in the fucking house.

wow. I didn't realize how much i've gone through until i wrote this. This has been one holy hell i've been through. The show, however, will be amazing.

That's something Ticketmaster, UPS, or Ike can not fuck up for me.

No comments: